Thursday, March 31, 2011

Messy Made

First things first - the promised before and after of my end table. Though, silly me, I didn't much take into consideration how IN THE WAY the couch actually is... *headwall* Geez.

Before:

After:



Second thing, THIS GLORIOUS MESS!!!! I got the recipe from this brilliant blog and immediatly thought "Wow! How yummy!"


Well, it IS yummy, no doubt. But, it didn't come out all pretty so I could cut it up and take nice pictures. It did come out so addicting that I keep shoving a spoon into it, dipping up large gobs, and stuffing them in my face. Yaum, yaum, yaum, yaum, yaum!!!!


Third is tonight's dessert.

It was an accident, but an accident that turned out well. It all started when I wanted pie. It didn't matter what kind of pie, I just wanted pie. Yum, right? So I settled on pumpkin pie when that was pretty much the only pie I had all the ingredients on hand for. Or so I thought.

I was missing evaporated milk. Boo. But I had sweetened condensed milk. So...

Not-Quite-Libby's Pumpkin Pie Revisted:

1 - 15oz can Libby's Pumpkin
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 C crushed walnuts
1 chopped apple
2 eggs

Mix it all up, throw it on top of a pie crust (I made mine for the first time every tonight!), and bake @ 425* for 15 minutes before dropping the temp to 350* for an additional 45 minutes!

Yum!


& finally, we have dinner. :D

Bacon Chicken Pot Pie. Oh. Yeah.

I made the pie crust. (This one, too!) I baked the chicken, wrapped all snuggled up with bacon, then diced it. I chopped up carrots and boiled them for a while to soften them up. Then threw them over onto the chicken and added some chopped celery and a few green beans.

On the stove I melted some butter, tossed in a handful of diced onion and cooked up a quick roux with the addition of flour, salt, poultry seasoning, thyme, chicken broth, and milk. I tossed it with the chicken and veggies and poured it into my crust. A second crust to top it off, throw it into the over, and just under an hour later, dinner was hot, moist, flavorful, and GOOD!

*happy dance!!!*


So that's another goal off my list, dinner for the family, dough for tomorrow's cookies (hence no picture), and two desserts - which I hadn't exactly planned on, but sure don't mind! Overall, today goes into the success category.

I've no clue what I'll do with myself tomorrow. Make cookies. But other than that...

I'm sure I'll let you know ;)

1 comment: