Monday, April 25, 2011

Hopping By...

Happy Easter - one day late! What would I be if I were on time for anything in this world? I certainly don't know, but I do hope that you and yours enjoyed the day! It was beautiful here, weather and experience alike, and ended up being a series of hours filled with moments for happy memory-making.

But more on that in a bit...

Last entry I left you with the Room of Doom. See?

1e

Now, unfortunately due to my car being too small, my mother being too sentimental, and myself being too lazy (oops) I do not have a spectacular reveal. I do, however, have several hour's worth of grunt work and physical labor to show off. This is what the room has been made into now:

Image1b

It's more impressive in person, but still qorth a big of brag. However, I shall refrain until ALL the junk is out of the way, the additional furniture moved in (I know! Where's it going to go?!), and the walls are painted. Yes. Painted. Two shades of Caribbean Blue.

We bought the paint last year. Long story made short: I got lazy. Everyone else got lazier.

Nonetheless, the time and the day moved onward and forward!

Saturday started out rain-soaked, soppy, and dreary. A visit from my aunt sent the clouds scattering (it's her magic, I swear) and found my sister and I looking for the "better things" in our little town. My aunt wanted updated pictures of herself and had 'hired' my sister and I on for the task. And so, armed with flip flops and a small army of cameras, off we went!

Luckily, though our town is small and rather rough on the eye, there are a few places that stand as diamonds in the coal. We headed to one such place, less than five minutes from our house. (Everything in this town is five minutes away - anything less than that is walking distance, but again, laziness struck. I'm sensing a theme here...)

In the end we had a ton of laughs, scared a few families who were doing a photo shoot the 'professional' way (pft, armatures are where it's at, don't they know! *snort*), and ended up with almost 200 photos collectively.

2

2a

2b

2c

2d

2e

2f


It was a brilliant way to spent the day before Easter... unfortunately I forgot (rather, purposely shoved away the reminders of) all the cooking I needed to accomplish for Easter lunch. The night and I are old lovers though, and it welcomed me back into its embrace with open arms. We danced in the moonlight and by the time the sun came up I had a place for everything and everything in its place - I even snagged a few hours of sleep!!

And so we feasted, ending the family time with a bunny cake (pineapple cake with coconut buttercream frosting!) and robin's nest cupcakes! Delish!

Image1a

Image1

After that, the kiddos and I hit the road for a short travel to spend the rest of the Easter day with their dad's family. The sun was warm, the company was welcoming and fun, the girls played to their hearts' content and came home happy to shower and collapse into bed. I'm nearly certain that they were snoring before I had them tucked in properly - unheard of!

K&A

Today I started on a small project that I've been putting off for weeks. If procrastination were a profession, I'd be CEO of the business. Since it is not, I'm just a lady with a penchant for running in twelve directions at once!

Hopefully tomorrow will see a completed product and pictures to boot! What's a day without an accomplishment or two, anyway?

Hoppy Days, Y'all!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a great weekend! Those pictures you guys took turned out really nice. And I know I've said it before, but your girls are absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bunny cake and cupcakes look so yummy!

    That's a great pic of the girls.

    ReplyDelete